Tuesday, June 28, 2016

12 Tags of 2016 Remix - June

Hello everyone! It's been a month since I've last blogged. I am so sorry. Sounds like a confession...yikes! But alas, when personal issues arise in my life, I nest...and that means clean, clean, clean, and organize. It helps me to think, plan, and analyze. So the good thing is my house is perfectly tidy! I have been creating though...a lot. It's my therapy, but there has been no blogging about it, and no social media. I just hermit up. Anyway, I'm glad to be back, and hope to really start visiting blogs again soon. I've missed you all, and am really sorry I've been MIA.
So here is my Tim remix tag for 12 Tags of 2016. I originally wanted to do Umbrella Man, but that was at the beginning of the month, and since it's so late now, I've went ahead and created a patriotic take, since the 4th is just around the corner. I totally loved the whole process, and working with the new substrates, which I haven't touch yet. Mixing the Tissue Wrap Collage (my January, 2015, tag here), which is a technique I've used a lot, with the Stencil Plaid technique (my June, 2015, tag here), a technique I haven't touched since, was WONDERFUL! It really is great to mix it up, revisit, and fall in love again with a process. It's pure pleasure!
Since I make #10 sized tags, Tim's Substrate Sheets are a little small, so that is why mine has the border. I stamped the patriotic words lightly by just rubbing the ink on, rather than tapping it on. It's a great and subtle effect. I also stamped the new Halftone Background stamp, both stamped with Wendy's Archival Ink from Ranger.
These Festive Scribbles Stars are not just for Christmas. I thought they'd be great on this. I love the artsy feel of them.
I used the Denim Substrate on my border tag...LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff! It tattered so well too. I wish I would have made my plaid a little darker, but it was so cool to do this on the linen. Great stuff I tell you!
 
 
I'll be back again in a few days...I promise. Until then, thank you truly for all the kind words and encouragement!

Supplies:

I hope your hands get creatively dirty soon! -Anita

16 comments:

  1. Anita! You've done again, this is is a stunning version of Tim tag! I adore evry detail, especially the stars and the small tag on the left! ! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on this re-mix Anita, the colours are of course perfect for your theme and I adore the stitching you added! Great idea to use size 10 tags!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Anita, lovely to see you back. Dont worry at all about MIA I can completely relate and understand. Glad everyone is well. Your tag is fabulous!! Cant believe its almost July! Enjoy the rest of the week and if you continue to need to nest, do pop over to mine, a tidy out is well needed! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and did you ever come back with a bang!!! love the technique of rubbing and not tapping onto the stamp pad. i can honestly say i have never done that! thanks for that wonderful tip!!
    glad thing are settled and i totally get it.. i missed you xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be MIA all summer so no worries! Your remix is again AMAZING! Perfect thins to use for your patriotic tag! Always wonderful to see your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow girl I love,love, love your take!! Beautiful tag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally rocking this!! I've so so missed you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The stars really do have an arty look to them and the denim in the background is just fabulous! Love, love, love your tag! I think we all need a break from time to time, I am glad to see you back though, you have been missed! Big hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a festive and awesome tag, Anita. Wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning tag, Anita! This fabulous stars are a great choice for your fantastic take on Tim's tag. The combination of colors is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fabulous remix tag Anita, love your choice of dies and colours. Hope all is improving for you and it's lovely to have you back. Take care. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. really great tag Anita! Love that you used the stras from the Christmas set - clever girl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Anita, this is an awesome and perfectly-created patriotic tag!!! I love all the details!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok, stepping away from the blog for a while has paid off 100 fold! I think I need to do that! Your tag is beyond amazing--you have taken the techniques and run a marathon with them! Love your subtle foreground and the light plaid is perfect! Great use of the dies and such a great tag through and through! What a pleasure to visit your lovely blog today! I agree, the Textile Surfaces are some good stuff! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anita, those wonky stars rock in this amazing design! So cool and on point, great take and inspiration. <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great use of the stars Anita! Love the little tag too! Happy 4th to you! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for viewing my blog and commenting on it! It truly means so much to me.