Saturday, January 24, 2015

12 Tags of 2015 - January

Hello Crafty Peeps!!! I am so glad Tim Holtz is continuing on with the 12 Tags for the year. It must be so much work, but the inspiration he gives is abounding to us all! Here is my take for the 12 Tags for January. 
I basically followed Tim, but I did a couple of things different shown below. I am in LOVE with this tag, and all the techniques learned from Tim on this! By the way, my Chit Chat Stickers, that I choose carefully to guide my new year,  were supposed to stay white, but my fingers were so dirty, they mucked up the stickers, but I just went with it, and love the dirty grungy result. This tag will inspire me all year!
I am in LOVE with the Postale Tissue Wrap. All the numbers and script are wonderful, so I wanted to see as much of it as I could on this tag, so I decided to paint (Aged Mahogany) the tag itself instead of the wrap...strange I know, but I like the result.
I used two colors of Distress Spray Stain...Barn Door and Vintage Photo. The combination is WONDERFUL!!!
I also colored a few metal pieces with Ranger's Gold Metallic Mixative Alcohol Ink to bring out the golds elsewhere on the tag.
 
I can't wait for the next tag! Thanks Tim, and Happy New Year...again...everyone!

Supplies:

I hope your hands get creatively dirty soon!

20 comments:

  1. Love the little labels on your one Anita, beautifully made. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous! I love the colour - that you got it on the labels I think is a bonus - and the embellishments look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful tag, Anita! I like the labels this way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning designed art work, I admire that tag.
    I wish you a happy sunday,
    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is such an incredible take on Tim's tag! I love the rich reds you used, it goes so well with the black and metallics! Fabulous Anita!! big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the vibrant color! Maybe this is the year I can get these done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your tag!! everything little thing about it!! i too chose specific words for mine!! one of my favourite tags with so many techniques...brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your take on Tim's January tag, Anita. Those colors are fabulous and the ink looks great on the Chit Chat stickers. I'll have to try the Barn Door and Vintage Photo together. Thanks for the inspiration.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, what a scrumptious take on the January tag - I love the rosy fiery colours and fabulous golden sparkle. Wonderful word placement and shadowing - it's really cool!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. One word: Lovely, Anita
    Have a nice Sunday, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE this tag, too, Anita!! It's stunning--I just LOVE the red you've used for your main color! Just stunning!! OK--I'll call this one a WINNER right now :) Any bets? ;) :) XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  12. Очень технично, Анита. И очень красиво.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really love the colours in this one Anita! It's been a fun tag to make and, like you, I'm really glad Tim decided to keep doing the tags.

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  14. We both had the red on our minds and I love it! Love your take for Tim's January tag. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anita, Aged Mahogany great choice! I love the way you gilded all the metal pieces too, here's to more creative juices flowing in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This tag is gorgeous! Love your take on it! The red background is stunning! I'm so happy too that the 12 tags continues! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  17. So beautiful as always Anita! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your beautiful tag, Anita. All the details on the embellishments are gorgeous. Love the background, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love that red background! Gorgeous tag Anita!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for viewing my blog and commenting on it! It truly means so much to me.