Friday, February 05, 2016

Cupid's Pimped Out Ride

Happy February everyone! Boy oh boy does the time pass fast! Today, I have a Valentine card for you that I originally made for the Ranger Booth at CHA, using the Old Jalopy Tim Holtz  Sizzix Die that is now discontinued, so hoard yours if you have it.  It's loaded with Ranger Stickles and lots of Idea-ology!  
Using Tim's Core'dinations Cardstock, I die cut the Jalopy in red, black, and silver foil for layering.
Using a black cardstock card base, I die cut the heart border along the bottom. Excuse the turquoise cardstock, at the last minute I changed it out for a pink tone.
I glued all the Jalopy pieces in place, and then added a label and number 14 from Remnant Rubs.
Then came lots and lots of Stickles, in every red family tone I had, plus platinum and silver. Then I punched out lots of hearts and added Stickles to them as well.I also pounced Mushroom Alcohol Ink onto pieces of Shrink Plastic for the windows, and used Glossy Accents to attach it, and Crackle Accents on the headlights too.
I embossed the background card (now pink) with a Texture Fade, and inked over the raised portions with various Distress Inks. After all the Stickles were dry, I embellished the Jalopy with some metal pieces. I also stitched the background card along the border, and added a sentiment with Remnant Rubs.
     
 
I'm off to make more Valentine goods! It's another one of my favorite times to make cards and crafts...you know all that red!!! Until next time!

Supplies:

I hope your hands get creatively dirty soon!

21 comments:

  1. Anita you're one of the most creative artis that i know! This work is absolutely brilliant! love the little hearts and car is stunning! I'm in love with this! pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your jalopy truck full of hearts and glittery ones are so special. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My jaw dropped when I saw this! The Jalopy as a truck is my favorite way to use it. The box full of hearts is so clever and fun! So glittery and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, Anita, this is totally FABULOUS!!
    i love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a fabulous piece Anita!! I've never seen glitter used so creatively on something other than a Christmas card, and I have to say how wonderful I think it turned out!! I just love your trunk full of hearts!! How unique and fantastic this is!! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fantastic, Anita!! LOVE that distress glitter and those little hearts - perfection!! xx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heheheheheh - I am just giggling big time Anita. Is this just INCREDIBLY ADORABLE or what???? Wouldn't it be fun to see a real truck with a back end full of hearts!!!!???? OH wow - such ELABORATE BLING and GLAMOUR - so perfect for Valentine's. How lucky can Cupid get???!!! The wing and the arrow are genius. I'm just THRILLED seeing this. BEST VALENTINE's CREATION for me to date. LOVE LOVE LOVE... still smiling. WHAT A WONDER YOU ARE girl. Just STUPENDOUSLY DELICIOUS. j.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, now that's my kind of jalopy - it is stunning in all its glittery goodness and the hearts are just the icing on the cake. Fab-u-lous!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really fabulous and so very cleverly put together, - absolutely love it!! Brilliant project! It looks good enough to eat and I adore those hearts!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun is this??? You are so clever Anita. Awesome piece - absolutely love all the bright red bling and that sweet load of hearts!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. i simply love every single thing about this!!!! and the amount of time it must of taken for those stickles to dry!! LOL... a perfect valentine project (and i had no idea that the ol jalopy was being discontinued!!! glad i have mine!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGosh how darn adorable. I love all those stickles. I couldn't stop staring at it. Must go back and take another look.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous!! I love it!!! The sparkles are awesome and really make the old jalopy pop on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You clever girl! Thank you for giving life to an old forgotten die. I love the way you turned it into a pick-up truck by trimming off the back windows. It is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous Valentine jalopy Anita, love the glitter! Deb xo P.S so sad to hear that the jalopy is discontinued, great die!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now, this is one tricked out truck full o' love, Anita!! I just LOVE LOVE LOVE every single detail! Beep, Beep-n-Beep, Beep, YEAH! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh that is a truckload of love for sure! How adorable and I love the added wing and the bed of hearts! Great sparkle! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wowzer - that's a Valentine overdose! Brilliant, sparkling, vibrant way to spread the love.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Anita! This the coolest valentine ever! So I'm making 2 of them and it's been very fun! I ran out and ordered the jalopy last week so I wouldn't miss out! So all my little hearts are drying! Oh the glitter! Thanks for the fun! I love your projects! Just making stuff for fun lately, I only do what I love right now, and your project is one of the ones I love. Thanks for the joy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for viewing my blog and commenting on it! It truly means so much to me.