Wednesday, February 25, 2015

12 Tags of 2015 - February

Oh the 12 Tags of 2015 from Tim Holtz!!! They make me so happy! I know you feel the same! I just loved the shabby chic way Tim added the Distress Paint around the paper...it makes such an impact. Here is my spin on his February tag using the new Cracked Pistachio!
Is is okay to be in love with a tag?!! I am, and these photos just do not do it justice! I really love the paint technique, and wrapping the wire around the arrow...genius!
I used papers from the Wallflower Stash and Tissue Tapes for the background, and then added Picket Fence, like he did, but I added Cracked Pistachio too.
I wanted just a hint of red, so I added Festive Berries to just the edges here and there. I also colored the Crinkle Ribbon with Cracked Pistachio and Tea Dye Distress Spray Stains.
 
 
 

Supplies:

I hope your hands get creatively dirty soon!

17 comments:

  1. Love your take! Thanks for the reminder. I haven't made my own yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only I had touch-a-vision...it looks scrumptialicious, textury and wonderful and all lovely dovey!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahmazing Anita! I love everything about it, what a great take on Tim's tag this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your double hearts, Anita! Great take on the fun and fabulous tag for February! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous tag Anita ! Love the stitched hearts and the wired arrow. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous tag, I love the stitched hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cracked pistachio is fabulous on your gorgeous tag and I love your double hearts! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful take on Tim's tag Anita, love that you stitched the two hearts together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great take on the tag! LOVE the pistachio!!! Yes it's ok to be in love with your tag, I'm in love with mine too!!! And yours ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goodness! The details on this are scrumptious, Anita! First the ribbon is totally gorgeous...the perfect color match for your shabblylicious tag! Then, I love the touches of paint around the edges. It adds so much to the finished composition. And the wire wrapped arrow? Swoon! My favorite thing though has to be the stitching on the hearts....perfection! What a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. As always your art is spectacular !! love your two hearts/stitching!! and i simply can't wait to get my hands on that new colour!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous, Anita! Cracked pistachio and tea dye, works so well together! Beautiful, absolutely beautiful tag! Barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's so pretty - love how the red pops against the soft green of the Cracked Pistachio - fab take on the tag.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for viewing my blog and commenting on it! It truly means so much to me.