Saturday, December 13, 2014

Happy Birthday Wendy Vecchi!!!

Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Wendy! Happy birthday to you! Thank you Wendy for all you've done for me and for everyone! You inspiration is abounding!!!
Taking techniques from Wendy, I started with Tim's Sizzix Tarnished Trophies Bigz Die, and turned it into a vase by chopping the top off.
Then I attempted Wendy's  Faux Enamel Ware technique, but it definitely did not come out as good as hers....I must practice more.
I folded a Ranger giant #12 Manila Tag in half, and stamped and embossed Wendy's In Full Bloom image on.
I stenciled in the color with Distress Ink using the stencil that comes with the stamp...LOVE that it does!
More stenciling with the Checkmate Stencil.
Then more stamping.
Then more stenciling...I thought it needed more...go figure!!!
Then I repeated the stamping, embossing, stenciling, and fussy cut them out and layered them on the card. Stickles was a must for the centers. I thought it needed more...yes I know...so I used some die cut flowers laying around from Tim's Tattered Flower Garden. Then it needed a sentiment, then a bow, and finally done. A little gaudy I know, but that's me!
 
 

Hope you like it Wendy...enjoy your day, your week, your month, your year! And if the rest of you are on Facebook today, stop by and wish wonderful Wendy a Happy Birthday!

Supplies:

I hope your hands get creatively dirty soon!

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Anita, full of Wendy goodness! Thanks for the tip off too, off to wish the special lady a Happy Birthday! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the flower looks like is popping out the vase. Great idea to use the trophy die for the vase too. I am sure Wendy is going to love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic, what an amazing card to celebrate an amazing lady! I'm sure she will just love it! I love your stencilled background and the flowers are so vibrant, they just jump off the page! Well done! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anyone would love this! Great job, Anita. I love how you cut down the vase and the color pallette, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous, Anita. And what a sweet way to wish Wendy a Happy Birthday!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the idea of cutting down the trophy die! Now to go shopping. Again. lol Great job on the birthday card! Love it all! Will have to remember to use a folded tag sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card to celebrate Wendy's birthday is stunning! A xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic celebration of Wendy's birthday - glorious card!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks awesome to me and always a great tutorial. oxoxxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are THE sweetest!
    I love this art!
    thanks so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous and stunning birthday card! I know Wendy just love it to pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just fabulous! I love the stenciled background, and you chose such subtle colors there that the gorgeous blooms just pop off the page. I think you did a great job with the enamelware technique, and I love the vintage patina it gives the vase. The brown seam binding bow grounds everything and is just perfection! I love this, Anita!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Superbly perfect for Wendy - bet she loves it! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anita, this looks great! I was surfing around to learn something about the stamp it stencil it products and I found your lovely detailed description! Thanks for the step-by-step explanations! Edith

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for viewing my blog and commenting on it! It truly means so much to me.