Friday, February 24, 2012

London In The Year Of The Dragon

Have you ever ran across a design on paper, and it wasn't really your cup of tea, but for some reason it lingered in your mind? Strange sounding? Maybe to some, but I know there are a few of you out there who understand what I mean. Well, this has happened to me a few times, and one of these times involved a dragon image on a 7 Gypsies Paper Stack. I have never been into the dragon theme. Sure I can appreciate it, but it just wasn't me, so when I saw a sheet of paper with a dragon on it, I thought instantly to tear it out and put it into my give away pile, but I didn't. My naggy inside voice said to leave it because I just might need it someday (maybe I should call it my hoarding voice). Then 2012 rolled around, which is considered the year of the dragon by Chinese horoscopes, if you believe in that sort of thing, but I thought it would be cool to use that paper in a new year project, but I just never got around to it, until Artistic Outpost. Huh??? Sounds crazy I know, but in their new stamp release London Elements, there is an image of a coat of arms with two dragons on it. So I did some research and found out the the dragon is a big thing in the UK, especially Wales, where it even resides on the flag. Bingo! My dragon paper was perfect for this new stamp set and not strange at all.
I am also submitting this tag to the "London, Paris, or NYC" challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.
This is a postcard advertisement I received in the mail that I cut up and used on this tag.
Supplies:
Close To My Heart: gold embossing powder
Uline: Jumbo Tag
From My Stash: postcard advertisement, ribbon, white cardstock


I hope your hands get creatively dirty soon!



14 comments:

  1. You are amazing, Anita! Your research has created a piece of art that the rest of us may never have enjoyed. Bravo and thanks for sharing! Hugs, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this TAG......I'm not much on dragon's either...but you did this paper up SO well...LOVE all the added bling to the tag...makes the entire tag POP!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea Anita, very clever and executed beautifully. Enjoy the weekend. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fabulous is this?!?!? LOVE it, Anita, especially your awesome bridge. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I love this Tag Anita it is so stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WoWzA, very unique ... and beautiful, too! Great take, Anita!! Hope you're feeling better ... have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Anita ... really stunning! Love the way you have put this tag together! Thank you for joining in with the team at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!!! Your tag is absolutely stunning, Anita!!! I love the soft colors and all of the detail on this. The popped Tower Bridge is really a nice dimensional touch, too! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous! It's such a stand-out piece with the layering and colors you chose to design with. Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting story about your paper and your tag ist just to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you kept the paper Anita...this a really beautiful piece. The small embossed landmarks are just a perfect addition. It really depicts so many different elements and brings them together seamlessly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful tag! The background history made it even more interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for viewing my blog and commenting on it! It truly means so much to me.