Thursday, February 02, 2012

Bubble Wrap For My Valentine!

Are you sick of Valentine's cards already?  Not me! I thoroughly enjoy making cards and things for my loved ones. No card is better than a handmade with love card! I started designing this card around Our Creative Corner's Sketch Challenge "hip to be square", and then I took a gander at  Hels Sheridan's Sunday Stamper, where she had a "bubbles" challenge. I had no bubble stamps or images that I could  think off, and the doily lace I chose to use on the card was perfect for four large bubbley, circley things. So being one in the morning and ready to give up, I decided to walk away and go to sleep, but a funny thing happened on the way to the bedroom. I stepped on a package of glass hearts (ironic...and phew, none broke) wrapped in B-U-B-B-L-E wrap. Epiphany!!!
I sanded the dots on the paper and distressed and inked the sides, then folded it in half.  I trimmed the doily in a square shape, and stamped the letter image stamp on it in Pumice Stone.
The bubble wrap was cut into four circles and Pitch Black Alcohol Ink was applied.
I adhered the doily and bubble wrap to the card. I inked the heart with Brick Red Distress Ink, and stamped dots (Snow Cap Paint) and letter image (Black Soot Ink) on it. I applied Crackle Accents to the black portions.
The before and after.
The wings and crown were painted with paint dabber and crackled with Rock Candy, and inked with Pumice Stone. The numbers are coated with Crackle Accents.
 
Supplies:
Basic Grey: Laser-Cut Doilies
The Paper Studio: Metal Number Stickers
From My Stash: bubble wrap
I hope your hands get creatively dirty soon! 



14 comments:

  1. Ну ты даёшь.... У тебя столько идей! Потрясающе!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great heartfelt card and lovely idea using the bubble wrap. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bubble wrap idea. Darn cute card too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Creative, imaginative, and once again--inspiring,

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool, Anita! What a neat way to use bubble wrap!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea to color the bubblewrap with AI! Love your card, Anita. And it gives hope to those who have things laying on the floor. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card this is! I am smiling from ear to ear...your whimsical approach seems just right for a valentine's card. And that you were able to combine Linda and Hels' challenges is icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you have created a very unique and creative card! Thank you for sharing your process with us! Love all the tips and tricks. And what a stunning card!
    thank you for playing along with us @ oCC

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic idea - and a great looking project.
    Thanks for linking up at Paper Issues
    Lowri
    http://papervinenz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bubble wrap...you need a mona sign above your door with creative awesome artist designed on it.I love your art.

    susan s.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabbydoodles indeedily, love the proper bubbles... how fab! thanks for joining in with the Sunday sTamper x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cool technique, Anita! Thanks for sharing the "how-to", as well. Your card came out beautifully. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for viewing my blog and commenting on it! It truly means so much to me.