Monday, October 31, 2011

Get Your Motor Running...With Steam Punk!!!

I am a member of the All Things Tim (ATT) Yahoo Group, who pretty much devote themselves to following all of Timmy's "dark-side" ways! There are tons of swaps hosted at any given time, and one caught my eye and intrigued me after Gloria, the sites moderator, invited me to sign up. The theme was Steam Punk and I was to make tags depicting that, one of which Tim himself would receive.  I have been enamored with all the craziness and quirkiness of the Steam Punk movement since the first of this year when I read about it in Somerset Studio magazine, and in particular, the motorized gadgets and gears that make things run and fire up. I focused on this when creating my tag "If Only Time Would Stand Still", in three parts...Time flying by, a motorized hot air balloon, and the workings of a brain in deep thought. I am feeling like a child...(Heck, who am I kidding? I always feel like that!)...on Christmas morning, waiting anxiously for my swapped tags to arrive to see what everyone else has created!!! I will share those with you when they arrive.

By the way, the netting on the hot air balloon is from one of my brown fish net stockings! What can I say...I recycle and you should too!!! Also, the goggles were made by connecting two S shaped jump rings with a brad, filling them in with Glossy Accents, and applying a drop of Pitch Black Alcohol Ink on top. I really love how they turned out. As a matter of fact, this is probably my most favorite of all the tags I have ever created! I hope you like it too.


Supplies:
Paper Used- Graphic 45 in Steam Punk Debutante; TH Grunge Paper (top hat), Aluminum Coated Tags from U-Line; watercolor paper; corrugated paper
Vagabond Materials Used- TH Alterations Texture Fads in Time and Mini Gears; TH Die in Heart with Wings
Coloration Used- TH for Ranger Distress Ink in Gathered Twigs; TH for Ranger Distress Stain in Black Soot; Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Black Magic, Dark Rose, & Caramel Apple; TH for Ranger Adirondack Alcohol Ink in Pitch Black; Faber-Castell Water Color Pencils in Light Brown, Flesh, Blue and Red; Ranger Archival Ink Pad in Jet Black; Liquitex Clear Gesso
Stamps Used- TH for Stampers Anonymous Steam Punk & Numbers; Stampington and Company 's Clearly Impressed "Time" by Julie van Oosten (Face)
Embellishments Used- TH Ruler; TH Idea-ology Findings; Art Chix Studio Wings, Key,  & Clock; 7 Gypsies Gears; Maya Road Clock Face & Hands; Brown Netting or Fish Net Stocking; Brown Embroidering Thread; Creative Imaginations Swatch Book Ribbon Impress-Ons in Memories (Time Phrase Rub On); Prima Flower; 32 Degrees North German Gold Foil Wing; Acme Bead Propeller; snap button, eyelet, heart charm, watch parts from my stash; Graphic 45 Trim; TH Lace Ribbon

5 comments:

  1. Your tag is Awesome!!! Great job, I'm from ATT and I'm following you now. Shari (cricutrookie)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag! Love all the components. You clearly had fun making it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutly LOVE this tag. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for viewing my blog and commenting on it! It truly means so much to me.